Thursday, April 14, 2005

Happy Birthday to me...

I celebrated my 28th birthday today, and I woke up a little maudlin (god, does anyone use that word anymore???) knowing that my demographic is now firmly the late 20's. Soon, I'll be hitting my early 30's and so forth. I remember last year when I celebrated my birthday, I just watched a movie as my wife was still in Manila and we were conducting the very first Overseas Absentee Voting ever, i.e., wasn't really one of those days that you felt you wanted to celebrate another milestone of turning one year older.

A year later, with an 8 month old daughter, still a lot of work on my desk, and an understanding wife by my side, I feel happy that I'm here and that God's given me another year to look forward to of new experiences, and the ability to reflect on a lot of things that I have done in the past, which were instrumental in the makeup of the person that is me. This journal will try to capture and evolve what I think and what I remember. What I say, and what I reflect on life. Well here goes...

No comments: