Thursday, May 19, 2005

A typical meeting...

In a few hours, before I get to have the opportunity to watch the third installment of a largely disappointing Star Wars Prequel, which hopefully will redeem George Lucas in the eyes of his millions of fans, I just had to recall that funny meeting the other day in the office.

Like all meetings in this office of ours, it never ever starts on time, so when I had assumed that the meeting had been cancelled, it comes out that we've actually got one going already. Like all meetings, we've a lack of chairs. The meeting was at midstream already, so I just had to pick up the train of thought going amidst me.

Apparently we are going over an issue that has been brought up before the same group for probably the past few weeks, with my boss still wavering on whether to do this, or to do that, and changing her mind after every session. You could tell that some of us seem to want to roll our eyes over and over again, saying to ourselves, here we go again... Then one of our colleagues decides to break a joke, then runs through an interesting anecdote of what he would be wearing those days, as we are talking about an upcoming event. Gee, I don't think we wanted to know that, but nevertheless, we decided to laugh along to get it over with. Fortunately, I had another meeting, so I excused myself after 20 minutes or so, and then I discover from those in the meeting that my division got assigned something, right after I left. Isn't that nice...

No comments: