Thursday, June 29, 2006

I'm in a cast!

Until I figure out what I want to do with that other blog that I opened, I might as well write stuff here once in a while, and believe me, this is indeed something that should be written.

A couple of weeks ago, while rushing to the parking lot of our office, in order to make it in time for a god-forsaken radio program I was supposed to host, I accidentaly slipped on the slick white marble staircase of the bldg., which obviously led to what my doctor calls a micro-fracture and which therefore has led me to wear a "light" plaster cast on my left leg for the last two weeks.

Aside from the fact that it impairs my mobility (I can't really imagine going to see a movie or going out to the park to do my usual shtick bec. I can't really move around) I am utterly dependent on my family to help me about. Fortunately, I've managed to slowly do things on my own, with the expectation that this cast will be taken out of me by the end of next week (which means, just in time for the ColdPlay concert here in HK).

Now, if I were living in HK island, traveling to and from the office would just be me hailing a cab and away we go to the office. Alas, I live in faraway Lantau island, which means one would have to take a bus to the ferry pier, the ferry, then either a bus or a taxi.

Being in cast has not been fun, but it has its good size. A little acrobatic leaning here and there has gotten me to get certain things done pretty quickly naman. I still walk painfully slow, and I do manage to get to work on my own, although not on a fairly normal working hour mind you. Well, at least it will be gone by the end of next week.

No comments: